Makes: 10 pancakes
↠ Ingredients ↞
Apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon
Organic flour, 1 cup
Baking powder, 2 teaspoon
Baking soda, 1 teaspoon
Cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon
Himalayan salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Cage-free local egg, 1
Agave syrup or honey, 1 tablespoon
Vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon
Spinach raw, 2 cup loosely packed
Coconut oil, 1 Tablespoon
- Combine cashew milk and apple cider vinegar in blender, let sit for 10 minutes, do not blend.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Whisk together.
- Melt coconut oil and add to dry mixture. Loosely mix, don’t worry about the chunks.
- Add egg, agave, vanilla, and spinach to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add dry and coconut oil mixture to blender. Blend until smooth about 1-2 minutes.
- Heat a pan med-high heat and add a teaspoon of coconut oil if necessary. Measure out 1/4 cup of batter per pancake. Pancakes are ready to be flipped when the bubbles that begin to form on the surface start to stay open. The temperature of the element or flame will need to be adjusted as you cook the pancakes, as the pans tend to heat in the process and cook the batter faster. Make adjustments where you need to.
*To keep the pancakes as green as possible, cook longer on the first side and flip and cook quickly on the other side.
*Make them savoury by omitting the sugar and adding in seasoning and spices, then you can pair with a sauce and veggies or eggs.
*Get creative, top the pancake with berries, bananas, persimmons, whatever fruit is in the season. There is always an option to mix fruit in with a syrup on the stovetop and make a flavoured pour over of blueberries and raspberries, or whatever your heart desires.
*Maple syrup, the real Quebec stuff, because pancakes just aren’t pancakes without it.
Love this recipe and want more? Find more of Taylor’s monthly recipes and nutrition guides in The Salty Club. First week free. $9.99 a month after that. Cancel anytime. Try it today >> HERE <<