FOR BEET PASTA:
Beet, raw 3 medium
Olive oil, 1/4 cup
*mandolin for super thin slices
FOR TRUFFLE CHEESE:
Cashews raw, 2 cups
Nutritional Yeast, 1 tablespoon
Olive oil, 2 tablespoon
Lemon, 1 tablespoon
Rosemary dried or fresh, 1 teaspoon
Thyme, dried or fresh, 1 teaspoon
Truffle salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Pepper ground, 1/2 teaspoon
Olive oil, 1 cup
Cilantro, 2 cup
- Using mandolin, carefully slice beets as thin as possible into rounds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and massage beets. Cover and place to the side.
- Soak cashews for 6-8 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Combine cashews, nutritional yeast, olive oil, lemon, rosemary, thyme, truffle salt, and pepper in blender. Blend until thick, but smooth. Add 1 tablespoon or water at a time, should it be necessary to blend.
- Scoop 1/2-1 tablespoon of cheese on to beet & cover with another slice of beet. Try to keep the cheese mixture in the middle.
- Combine olive oil and cilantro in blender and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over rawvioli.
*Garnish with parsley and thin slices of lemon if you like. Or even a yummy vegan homemade parmesan.
*This cheese can be used to stuff regular pasta or ravioli sheets.
*This spread can be used for sandwiches, wraps, and bagels too.
*A nice vegan cheese addition to any charcuterie board.
Love this recipe and want more? Find more of Taylor’s monthly recipes and nutrition guides in The Salty Club. First week free. $9.99 a month after that. Cancel anytime. Try it today >> HERE <<