Yields about 4-5 cups of hummus.
↠ Ingredients ↞
Chickpeas aka the garbanzo beans, 2 regular sized can (15oz/425g)
Lemon juice, of 2 lemons
Garlic, 4 large cloves microplanned
Tahini, 2 heaping tablespoons
Olive oil, 1/2 cup
Turmeric, 1 tsp ground (or 2 tsp fresh)
Himalayan sea salt, 1 tsp
Pepper, 1/2 tsp ground
Water, 7 tablespoons
↠ Method ↞
- rain chickpeas with a colander and rinse well with water.
- In a blender or food processor, add chickpeas, lemon, garlic, tahini, olive oil, turmeric, salt, pepper, and water.
- Blend on medium for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Top hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and smoked paprika before serving.
- Enjoy hummus as a snack on celery sticks, or as a dip with cucumbers, raw beets, cherry tomatoes, or any other veggies you desire.
- Hummus works well as a spread on toast or wraps.
- A great addition to any buddha bowl or salads as well.
Make your plate go further; get healthier and help the environment while you’re at it with The Salty Club. With our recipes and easy-to-follow nutrition guides, you get to discover new ingredients, develop your tastebuds and learn how to incorporate more plant-rich dishes into your life. Upgrade your food habits- optimise your whole life. We got you.