This cabbage, tofu and sesame salad is a huge step up from your standard tomato-and-lettuce salad combo. The blend of textures and flavors will have you coming back for seconds every time.
↠ Ingredients ↞
- 1 package of rice noodles
- ½ cup of toasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- 12 ounces or more of toffu
- ½ head of a purple cabbage
- Handful of chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- salt to taste
↠ Method ↞
- Cut tofu into cubes and marinate it soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup and a bit of sriracha, safe for latter.
- Follow the instructions on the package for rice noodles, let the cool down.
- Shred the purple cabbage and place it in a bowl big enough to mix with the noodles, add the cilantro, toasted sesame and peanuts and finally the noodles.
- In a large pan saute the tofu with a drizzle of olive oil and add the rest of the sauce once is golden in all the sides.
- In a glass jar with a lid add all the liquid ingredients and the salt and shake it, I like using a glass jar for mixing the vinaigrette.
- Mix vinaigrette with the salad and serve in bowls
- For topping you could add more peanuts and sesame seeds and serve in a bowl with lemon wedges.
Love this recipe and want more? Find more monthly recipes and nutrition guides in The Salty Club. First week free. $9.99 a month after that. Cancel anytime. Try it today >> HERE <<