Makes: 3-4 servings
↠ Ingredients ↞
FOR THE NOODLES:
Spaghetti squash, 1 medium-large (this is where the sliding scale of the servings comes from)
Olive oil, 2 tablespoon
Himalayan salt, 1/2 teaspoon
Ground pepper, 1/2 teaspoon
FOR THE NO-CHEESE ALFREDO SAUCE:
Cashews, raw 2.5 cups (soaked 6-8 hours or overnight)
Nutritional yeast, 3 tablespoon
Lemon juice, 2 tablespoon
Garlic, 4 cloves (micro planned or finely chopped)
Olive oil, 1/2 cup
Water, 1 cup
Himalayan salt, 1 teaspoon
Ground pepper, 2 teaspoon
Spaghetti squash noodles
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Cut stem end off of squash and then carefully cut squash length-wise in half. Scoop out the seeds and stringy part, similar to cleaning out a pumpkin before carving it. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Place inside side down on a a parchment paper lined baking sheet or pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. You can check if the squash is cooked by pushing the outside of the squash with your finger, if it skin isn’t hard then the squash is likely cooked. Remove from oven, as it will continue to cook for a bit even when it’s out.
- Flip squash over so they are inside of squash facing up. Let squash sit for 5-10 minutes to cool off a bit.
- With a fork, pull strands of the squash out lengthwise to create noodles.
- Soak raw cashews for 6-8 hours or overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Combine all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. Add more liquid 1 tablespoon at a time, should your blender need a bit of assistance.
- Fold sauce in with squash and enjoy.
*Get creative, add in some sautéed veggies (mushrooms, spinach, onion etc.) or some capers, kalamata olives, and sundried tomatoes–anything goes really.
*Top with fresh basil and drizzle of olive oil.
Love this recipe and want more? Find more of Taylor’s monthly recipes and nutrition guides in The Salty Club. First week free. $9.99 a month after that. Cancel anytime. Try it today >> HERE <<