DOES THE STREAM KEY EVER CHANGE?
Yes, the stream key changes every week. Basically, the stream key is directly linked to your video and cannot be overwritten. Therefore, every time you want to go live you need to enter a new stream key provided by us.
WHERE CAN I FIND A NEW STREAMKEY
New stream key will be added to this document every week and should be posted in the OBS Studio SETTINGS > STREAM > STREAM KEY.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT I’M LIVE?
After you press the ‘START STREAMING’ button, at the bottom right corner of the OBS Studio program you’ll see the live timer on and the green bar indicating that your stream is good and stable. If you see other colors like yellow and red it means that your wifi connection is not stable and you should connect to 4G.
WHAT DIFFERENT SQUARE COLORS MEAN?
RED COLOR – means that the video is frozen and only audio is being transmitted.
YELLOW COLOR – means that your video is glitchy and poor quality.
GREEN COLOR – means that you have a stable and good connection, video quality is good. If it’s switching between yellow and green it means that you have an average connection but in case it’s red and yellow you should immediately connect your laptop to 4G to have a good livestream.
CAN I PLAY MUSIC FROM MY LAPTOP?
Yes, and no. If you need to play music for your class we recommend you to have an external speaker connected to your phone or other computer (not your laptop that is connected to OBS). Also, make sure you regulate music volume a bit down than your voice so the music is not louder than your voice.
HOW TO CONNECT MY AIRPODS TO THE OBS?
- Take out your AirPods and connect them to your laptop first.
- Make sure you turn off all Bluetooth devices that you previously had your AirPods connected to (eg phone).
- Open the OBS Studio, click on the small settings Circle in the Audio Mixer section, Select Properties and then from a dropdown menu choose AirPods. Click ok.
- When you connect AirPods to your laptop and connect to OBS Studio in the Audio Mixer make sure you only connect to the MIC/AUX on and turn off / MUTE any other audio sources and ONLY KEEP MIC/AUX ON.
HOW TO TEST IF YOUR AIRPODS ARE WORKING?
- Put on your AirPods and move 10 meters away from your laptop and talk.
- The best is that someone is next to your laptop and checks if the sound bar is moving. Or if you don’t have anyone take your phone, open your camera and zoom in while you’re standing far away to see if the sound bar is moving when you’re whispering.
I’M RUNNING LATE TO MY CLASS. WHAT SHALL I DO?
Don’t worry. You can be a few minutes late as your live class will only start after you press ‘START STREAMING’ button. We prefer you to be in a good space, with a clean environment and stable internet connection.
MY OBS SAYS ‘ENCODING OVERLOADED’. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
It means that your computer can’t encode your video fast enough to maintain the settings you have it set to, which will cause video to freeze after a few seconds, or periodic stuttering. One way to fix that is by downscaling your output resolution.
You can change how much you want to downscale in Settings > Video > Output (Scaled) Resolution. You can keep your Base (Canvas) Resolution the same, so that your layout doesn’t change, and then downscale the resolution from 1280×720 to lower.
MY COMPUTER IS REALLY LAGGING WHEN I OPEN THE OBS. WHAT SHALL I DO?
The most important thing before going live is to close all open windows and apps on your laptop to ensure that your computer is not lagging and is able to stream.