This week our local chef Cristina Reyes Clark takes pancakes to the next level. These savory pancakes are a favorite in the Salty retreats. Enjoy pre or post surf! (Makes 5 small pancakes)
↠ Ingredients ↞
1 heaping tablespoon of flour
¼ tspn baking powder
2 tbspn cottage cheese
6 cherry tomato cut in halves
2 cremini mushroom
2 tbspn Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 tbspn parmesan cheese
Salt & pepper
↠ Method ↞
- Place the flour in a bowl and beat well with the egg and cottage cheese.
- Cut the Cremini mushrooms in slices and stir through the mixture with the cherry tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Put a large non-stick pan on a medium-low heat.
- Oncehot add the EVOO add a spoon full of the mixture into the pan.
- Leave them for a couple of minutes, then flip them and sprinkle the parmesan on top
of each pancake
- let it stay for one minute, then turn the heat off and flip again so the
cheese melts and sizzle with the heat of the pan.
- Take them out of the pan to a plate
- add some alfalfa sprouts on top and enjoy!