This is a bomb option for your gluten-free or vegan friends. Long-lasting, make this recipe for a dinner with friends. Or, ya know, keep it all to yourself by keeping in the freezer and snacking on it every time the sugar cravings hit!
Easy to make, the only time the minutes feel long is when the bread is out of the oven and you’re waiting for it to cool down to eat it 😉
↠ Ingredients ↞
- 3 cups of sweet potatoes (cooked)
- 3 cups of shredded carrots (raw)
- 1 cup of rice flour (or any gluten free flour)
- 2 cups of ground panela (if you want it sweeter use 2 1/2 cups of panela)
- 1 tspn of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Vegetable oil (I use canola or sunflower seed oil)
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped walnuts for topping
↠ Method ↞
- Once you have all the ingredients ready, get your food processor ready to mix!!
Preheat the oven at 350°C
- First put the sweet potatoes on the food processor and mixed well for, at least, two
- Then add the carrots, panela and cinnamon, and mixed again for other two more
- After this, add the gluten free flour and mixed again until all the ingredients are well
- Pour the dough on your mold, covered it evenly with the walnuts and put it into the
oven for 50 minutes.
- The knife trick doesn’t really apply in this case, cause after 45 minutes in the oven,
believe me, it’s gonna be cooked but because of the type of ingredients we’re
using the knife might not come out fully “clean”!
- When is ready, take it out of the oven and let it cool down completely before you
You can leave it on the fridge for days, but if you’re not gonna eat it all at once,
after you cut it, you can put it on a topper and save it on the freezer. Just take one
and warm it up on the microwave for 1 minute and it will be oven-fresh.
Images: Shelby Neufeld