NOVEMBER 5-12, 2022 | Fully-Booked
WHY JOIN THIS COACHING WEEK?
Surf takes a lot of practice, technique, physical and mental strength. The learning curve is steep and comes with a lot of frustrations. This camp is your opportunity to get direct coaching and insights from other girls who have been through the same process, and that are equally passionate (read: obsessed) about surfing! This Experience is specifically designed to equip you with the tools you need to maximise your progress, style and fun in the water. There’s nothing more powerful than a full week spent training and surfing with a hungry girl-gang! 🙂
“Surf is like the mafia… Once you’re in, you can’t get out. “ – Kelly Slater
GUIDED SURF SESSIONS
In surf, you need to know your wave, position and timing, in a playground that is constantly changing. We take you to the best waves according to your level. You’ll be guided on land and sea to learn how to:
- Select the right board according to conditions
- Master your position in the line up
- Choose better waves
- Take-off faster
- Generate speed
- Execute manœuvres
You’ll have an expert by your side to optimise every session. Ratio: 1 coach per 2-3 students
PHOTO + VIDEO ANALYSIS
Photo & video analysis: powerful and important tool in your surf progression
How it works:
- We’ll take pictures & film your lessons
- You and your coach will analyse it together
- Your coach will provide feedback, tips and corrections, as well as ways to practice the manoeuvres out of the water, to get the movements into your muscle memory faster.
- You also get to keep the footage 🙂
Learning the correct technique will make your surfing more consistent and satisfying. And we have the PERFECT facilities to do just that.
✓ ON THE SURFSKATE YOU WILL LEARN TO
- Generate speed
- Bottom turn
- Cut back
- Top turn
✓ IN THE POOL YOU WILL LEARN TO
“ Mindset is what separates the best from the rest.“
Our holistic program also enhances mental, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. Mindset is a crucial element to optimise your performance in surf and in life. We’ll give you the tools to develop a growth mindset, and strengthen your mind to perform better on land and in the sea.
You will practice:
- Breathing exercises
Who is this training camp for?
This experience is designed for the girls who already have the basics of surfing down, and are eager to refine their technique & style in perfect tropical waves — while never neglecting the FUN! Our main focus is to give you the physical, technical & mental the tools to keep progressing when you’ll return to your home-break. There’s really something to be said about the power of being part of a girlcrew who supports and cheer each other up in the line-up. What is required is a basic surf experience and an average-to-good fitness level.
Our definition of “basic surf experience”:
- You are a confident swimmer and are able to paddle on your surfboard.
- You can manage your surfboard on your own without being a threat for the other surfers and yourself.
- You understand the basics of surf etiquette.
- You are able to catch waves by yourself, and successfully pop-up 3/5 of the time.
- You are able to ride gentle unbroken waves diagonally – across the face.
SURF LEVEL: Intermediate
SURFBOARD: Not included
+200$ for board rental
GROUP: Up to 10 amazing women
↠ Where ↞
About Playa El Zonte
Playa El Zonte is located on the pacific coast, 1 hour away from the International Airport. It is a laidback costal village, where you will mostly be surrounded by friendly locals, fellow surfers and sun seekers. It is a safe and pleasant area, where the invitation is to live simply, following the rhythm of the tides. The beach is divided by a river mouth and there are two main surf spots: A right point break and a beach break. One of the most unique things about playa El Zonte is the beauty of its black sand beach.
About the villa
Picture a rustic Spanish-style villa, nestled on a cliff, over looking a black sandy beach, with endless crashing waves in its backyard. Yep, the Casa Salty Souls it is, located in Playa El Zonte. It can accommodate 12 people over two pavillons, in shared occupations with air-con. There are two large oceanfront pools, a sundeck, a nice chilling area with hammocks, a direct access to the beach and enough space for yoga and family meals.
COVID on-site protocoles ↠
↠ When & How ↞
- 8 days/ 7 nights in a walk-to-surf villa
- All delicious meals (aside of 3-4 at the restaurant)
- 5 guided surf sessions
- Video analysis of each session
- 3 technical lessons
- 2 surf-skate sessions
- Mindset workshop
- Recovery yoga
- All your surf pictures & videos
- Airport transfers
- 1-month unlimited access to The Salty Club
Not included: Board rental (+200$), Flight ticket , Travel insurance (required)