Makes: 5- Patacones
↠ Ingredients ↞
1 Green plantain
4 Oz Boneless chicken breast
1 Cup shredded red cabbage
1/4 Cup shredded carrot
1 Oz raisins
1/4 cup apple vinegar
1/3 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper
Vegetable oil to fry (around 3 cups)
This is a great recipe for an appetizer or as a complement for a main dish.
↠ Method ↞
1. First we want to prepare the cabbage to give it time to marinate.
2. In a bowl mix the shredded carrot with the shredded cabbage, add the apple vinager,
add the EVOO, the raisins and salt to taste. Set aside at room temperature for at least
two hours so the vinager works on the ingredients.
3. Cut the chicken into long thin pieces and saute it on a non-sticking pan with the EVOO
until fully cooked, add salt and pepper.
4. Then put a large non-stick pan on a medium-high heat and add the vegetable oil to
cover over half of the plantain.
5. Cut the plantain in to four pieces and peel them. Once the oil is hot enough add the plantain and fry until golden, take them out of the oil with a tong, place them on the cutting board and with a wooden spatula push the top
to make it flat and put them back in to the oil until golden brown, once ready take
them out of the oil to a papper towel to take out the excess of oil.
6. Move the plantains from the paper towel to a plate, add the cooked chicken on top of
each plantain and topped each one with the cabbage and enjoy!!
Want more out of your mealtimes?! Find more of our favorite recipes with The Salty Club TODAY >>
photographer: Shelby Neufeld